The first ministry of the Sisters of the Resurrection who came to the United States from Europe was teaching students at St. Mary of the Angels Parish in Chicago, and education has been an important ministry for us ever since. With more than 100 years of service in parish schools across the country, the Sisters of the Resurrection maintain a very strong commitment to education.
We opened Resurrection Academy in 1915 as an elementary school and boarding school for girls. The school, now called Resurrection College Prep High School has been transferred to the Christian Brothers of the Midwest, and continues to grow, preparing thousands of young women for college, careers and community service.
As Sisters of the Resurrection, we believe that the best way to improve our communities and our society is through the education of our young people. In our ministry in schools and day care centers, we strive not only to provide knowledge, but to be positive examples of service and compassion for the leaders of tomorrow.